Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day Two

I stitched on a HAED design called Mask of Colors by Ravenscroft.  I have had this in my stash to stitch for very many years.  I started this one this year too.


I had a lovely time yesterday at the afternoon tea.  Met about 16 or so ladies and apparently they meet every month or so for a natter.  3 hours of nattering later I got home.  They made me feel very welcome.  Everyone in Kirup knows Alan (he's a plumber and tradesman are rare as hen's teeth in the country), so I was introduced to everyone as the plumber's wife.  Very novel I can tell you.

Went in and visited my darling Beryl today.  At least she was awake today.  When Megan and I went in on Monday we couldn't get her to wake up.  She is well but continues to deteriorates mentally.  At least she is happy and they are so caring and lovely in the nursing home.  

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear that the afternoon went well! That's what I love about this country... You're the plumbers wife and that all there is too it!!! :)
    Great start on your HAED :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine,

    What kind of fabrics are you using? Is that linen from Zweigart or is it Aida?

    Kind regards
    Martina

    ReplyDelete